Navigators on Creative Seas 2
Navigators on Creative Seas 2
Creativity plays an essential role in helping youth deal with stress, fear, and uncertainty in times of crisis; express and regulate emotions in times of crisis; solve problems for fighting COVID-19; cope with stress and threats; fight with boredom installed during city lockdown. Creativity and resilience can help not only individual young people, as well organisations can learn creative processes to solve problems and challenges posed by COVID-19 and adapt to the current and upcoming changes. Moreover, creativity is valued as the most important business skill in all sectors and industries.
Monomyths team joined forces with 14 Youth NGOs: Programme countries (Lithuania, North Macedonia, Estonia, Poland, Spain, Greece, Bulgaria), and Partner countries (Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Jordan, Morocco, Albania) to create a training course 1 design thinking youth map for Youth NGOs, interested to learn step-by-step how to facilitate creative problem-solving “incubators” with the young people from their communities to find solutions to a variety of challenges. As the name suggests, the design thinking map will contain an extended digital map with step-by-step instructions, structured brainstorming methods, problem-solving and decision making techniques to be used by Youth workers in online/offline brainstorming with young people and young entrepreneurs.
- Expand the NOCS network with 30 creative youth workers from 15 Youth NGOs who acquire the know-how, skills and tools to facilitate 15 “innovation local incubators” using the design thinking youth map during a 7 days training course on “creativity, design thinking and innovation” by June 2021.
- Support 165 Youth NGOs to adapt their services and local interventions to the new challenges imposed by pandemic through 1 innovative tool and 10 demo-local workshops.
- Promote min 30 young innovators during Covid-19 from 15 countries, through a collection of 30 podcasts with them, on the topic “Creativity Unleashed” in order to inspire youth to take action in their communities.
During 7 days learning playground, 30 youth workers from 14 partner countries have tested a collection of creative methods on innovation and design thinking. The Youth workers prototyped 5 interventions for local challenges faced by the local communities and they have explored practical ways to mentor and facilitate design-thinking processes that empower youth to take action. 30 youth workers developed a set of essential skills: creative, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Podcast “Creativity Unleashed”
Episode 1: The Psychology Of Discovery And Invention
Episode 2: Building Habits
Episode 3: Training Your Brain To Be Creative
Episode 4: Creating A Creative Environment
Episode 5: Creativity In Daily Life
Episode 6: Group Dynamics – Individual Vs Group Work
Episode 7: Six Thinking Hats
Episode 8: How To Deal With Creativity Blockers
Episode 9: Big And Small Creativity
1) Gala Societății Civile: https://www.galasocietatiicivile.ro/stiri/tineret/navigators-on-creative-seas-2-curs-de-creativitate-i-inova-ie-pentru-lucratori-de-tineret-din-14-ari-europene-i-non-europene-21478.html
2) Nonguvernamental: https://www.nonguvernamental.org/ong/asociatia-monomyths-ofera-lucratorilor-de-tineret-din-14-tari-europene-si-non-europene-un-curs-de-formare-in-context-non-formal/
Navigators on Creative Seas – a detailed map for Youth NGOs
The project was promoted on Social media channels
DEOR local workshops
Creativity, Design Thinking, Innovation, Youth Work
1/10/2020 - 31/11/2021